UPCOMING SHOWS:

UPCOMING SHOWS:

Sat. April 30
KONONO N°1 FEAT. BATUDA
(Le Grand Mix, Tourcoing)

Sun. May 1
HELL
(The Pit's, Kortrijk)

Thu. May 5
Awesome Tapes From Africa dj set
(Treehou5e Open Air, Ghent)

Fri. May 6
Invisible Hands / Neil Michael Hagerty & The Howling Hex / DSR Lines
(Vooruit, Ghent)

Sat. May 7
CRITES
(De Ruimte, Ghent)

Tue. May 10
SEX CRIME + THE ARROGANTS
(De Pit's, Kortrijk)

Thu. May 12
QUANTIC
(DOK, Ghent)

Fri. May 13
ARCHIE & THE BUNKERS
(Het Bos, Antwerp)

Sun. May 15
THRONEFEST (Taake, Inquisition, Mgla, Batushka, Inferno, Dysangellium, Wiegedood & The Commitee)
(Kubox, Kuurne)

Thu. May 26
PAUL COLLINS BEAT
(Den Trap, Kortrijk)

Fri. May 27
BEAK>
(Trix, Antwerp)

Wed. June 1
TY SEGALL & THE MUGGERS
(Botanique, Brussels)

Wed. June 8
UNCANNY VALLEY: THE LOS ANGELES FREE MUSIC SOCIETY AND THEIR LEGACY (WOLF EYES, etc.)
(Vooruit, Ghent)

Wed. June 22
FĂ–LLAKZOID
(Het Bos, Antwerp)






Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fun in South City - THE BRENTWOODS (Radio X lp)



A couple of months ago, I decided to sell my Brentwoods album on eBay. My compulsive record buying and obsessive music fanaticism demanded more cash and I though the album was more notorious for its scarcity than for its quality anyway. I mean, it’s a great fun rock & roll album but definitely not a lo-fi trash gem like The Gories’ “I Know You Fine But How You Doin’”, Supercharger’s “Goes Way Out” or Loli & The Chones’ “P.S. We Hate You”. Anyway, some people contacted me to ask if I could send them a CDR of the album so I decided to put the whole record on my blog. After all, this kinda music should be available for the masses, right?! Hey –ho: That’s cool! That’s trash!!!

Fun In South City - THE BRENTWOODS (Radio X - 1994 - RX 05 - lp)

3 comments:

felonious drunk said...

I guy I was chatting with online turned me on to this band a few days ago. Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for posting the album. I don't usually download music as I purchase it but this album is hard to find. And even if it was found it would be too expensive. Thank you for sharing the album!!!¡¡¡

Mr. Trashe said...

tHSNKS FOR SHARE THIS GEMS!!! iS THE BEST THS BAND THANKS!!!

theroseycross said...

thanks for the link. This is the snottiest music ever.