UPCOMING SHOWS:

UPCOMING SHOWS:

Sat. April 30
KONONO N°1 FEAT. BATUDA
(Le Grand Mix, Tourcoing)

Sun. May 1
HELL
(The Pit's, Kortrijk)

Thu. May 5
Awesome Tapes From Africa dj set
(Treehou5e Open Air, Ghent)

Fri. May 6
Invisible Hands / Neil Michael Hagerty & The Howling Hex / DSR Lines
(Vooruit, Ghent)

Sat. May 7
CRITES
(De Ruimte, Ghent)

Tue. May 10
SEX CRIME + THE ARROGANTS
(De Pit's, Kortrijk)

Thu. May 12
QUANTIC
(DOK, Ghent)

Fri. May 13
ARCHIE & THE BUNKERS
(Het Bos, Antwerp)

Sun. May 15
THRONEFEST (Taake, Inquisition, Mgla, Batushka, Inferno, Dysangellium, Wiegedood & The Commitee)
(Kubox, Kuurne)

Thu. May 26
PAUL COLLINS BEAT
(Den Trap, Kortrijk)

Fri. May 27
BEAK>
(Trix, Antwerp)

Wed. June 1
TY SEGALL & THE MUGGERS
(Botanique, Brussels)

Wed. June 8
UNCANNY VALLEY: THE LOS ANGELES FREE MUSIC SOCIETY AND THEIR LEGACY (WOLF EYES, etc.)
(Vooruit, Ghent)

Wed. June 22
FĂ–LLAKZOID
(Het Bos, Antwerp)






Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Here's a brilliant quote by the still much missed JOHN PEEL from an interview with David B. Livingstone, published in Your Flesh #29 (1994).


“I think it’s a pity that audiences have become so sectarian in their tastes, where if you like one form of music you’re pretty much excluded from liking another. There is so much outstanding stuff to be heard. If you’ve never heard any of the great Zairian guitar players like Diblo Dibala… I could give you a long list of names. These are names that you should have tattooed on your forehead, really, because they are magical men. They can do things with guitars that you can’t believe; not just vulgar displays of technique, but their ability to play on your emotions is stunning. And if you cut yourself off from it, thinking “Oh, I don’t like that sort of thing”, you do yourself a grotesque disservice. For me, the important thing with our children and anyone that I talk to really is that you ought to keep your range of options, of choices, open, because people can’t wait to shut ‘em down, you know? People want to be able to define themselves in a series of absolutes, you know, and a lot of people by the time they’re eighteen are virtually dead, as far as I’m concerned, because they’ve decided, “This is who I am, this is what my attitude to this is, what I watch, what I eat, what I listen to, who I talk to”. And that seems to me to be really, literally terrifying, because it does you untold damage, and makes you very vulnerable to the influence of demagogues.”

To the memory of John: Muungano - ORCHESTRA MAKASSY mp3


No comments: